Thursday, September 29, 2011

Oh, deer!


I've always loved the animals print sweaters that Lea Michele's character Rachel Berry wears on Glee, and I'm constantly on the lookout for similar pieces.  However, because I teach high school, I never want to look exactly like Rachel, since she is, after all, a high school student.  I've been on the lookout for an animal print piece that is whimsical, yet still professional enough to wear to school, and I found it at H&M for $24.99.

Isn't that print just darling?  My outdoorsman father is so proud right now.

Blouse: H&M, size 6
Shorts: Merona for Target, size 4
Bracelets: NY &Co. from a few seasons ago
Booties: Payless, size 7.5

I first wore this blouse to a bachelorette party for one of my friends a few weeks ago.  We went to a country bar, complete with a mechanical bull, and I thought this blouse fit the bill.  It's extremely comfortable and easy to wear, so I had no problems line-dancing the night away.  The blouse even made it through a go on the bull! 

As far as sizing goes, when I tried on the blouse, the 4 fit, but because the front is cropped, it was pretty short.  I thought in order to wear the blouse to school and in order to be able to tuck it into a skirt, I should probably size up to a 6. 


Sorry for the blurry quality of the next pic.  I included it to show you the longer back of the blouse.  I love the line it creates!
Blouse: H&M, size 6
Tank: Mossimo for Target, size small
Capris: NY&Co., size 4
Bracelet: Banned Books bracelet, Kards Unlimited
Earrings: NY&Co.
Booties: Payless

I loved wearing this outfit to school.  I felt very Audrey Hepburn meets my grandma meets Rachel Berry.  I think the next time I wear this blouse, I might switch out the capris for a skirt, add some tights, and wear pumps instead of booties.  I'm loving how versatile this blouse is turning out to be! 

I couldn't find this exact blouse on the H&M website, but there are plenty of other whimsical deer prints out there that still maintain an air of professionalism.  And since you shouldn't wait for Christmas to start donning Donner and Dasher, here are some of my favorites:


And for those of you who would prefer a less literal take and don't mind the mega-splurge:

Do you have any favorites?  Have you seen any other animal-printed pieces that strike your fancy? 

No comments:

Post a Comment