Tuesday, September 27, 2011

His and Hers Missoni for Target in Action

I swear, this is the birthday that never ends.  I have one more post where I'll mention the word "birthday" (my fiance gifted me with tickets to Wicked for this Friday, and I can't wait to show you all the dress I found to wear), but then I'm done.  At least for this year.  Promise.

This past weekend, I went out for sushi with the fiance and some friends for my birthday, and I decided to give my new sweater dress a whirl. 

Dress: Missoni for Target
Cardigan: H&M
Wristlet: Ollin
Shoes: Stuart Weitzman
Sunnies: Gap

Wearing the dress with no tights was as crazy as it gets for this girl on a Saturday night; I generally wear my hemlines longer.  However, I was pretty comfortable all night.  I only had a few minor wardrobe malfunctions at our spontaneous dance party we held later on at a friend's house.  And no, I'm not even kidding. 

Seriously though, if you have this dress, watch that the lining doesn't creep up on you.  There were only a few times throughout the night that I found myself tugging, but it was enough to be a little annoying.  I think tights would probably rectify that problem.

I also wasn't sure about wearing the dress with no belt - I love to define my waistline and feel like the outfit is unfinished if I don't.  However, once I saw the look together, I realized that breaking up the vertical stripes would actually make me look shorter and stouter.  All I'd need is a handle and spout, and I'd be a Missoni teapot. 

When we were on our way out of the restaurant, I had an "Oh, no she DIDN'T" moment when a girl was coming in wearing the same dress.  That type of thing never bothers me, though.  I congratulated her on scoring an item and told her I loved how she styled the dress.  She wore hers with tall riding boots, and it was really cute!  I actually really like seeing how others style items that I have.  As my stylist-hero Rachel Zoe would say, you can never have too many options! 

I had gone shopping earlier that day at a consignment store that I hadn't yet visited.  I scored a Nanette Lepore dress, a Milly skirt, and those Stuart Weitzman shoes - which had NEVER BEEN WORN - for a song.  I was on a fashion high.

Since I promised a his and hers post, here's another Missoni for Target piece in action on a dude:


This is the tie I bought for my fiance.  I forced him into a picture at 7:05AM one day last week, and he is NOT a morning person.  The only words he said were, "No face on the blog today."  Hehe.  I obliged. 

When I first bought him this shirt a few years ago, he told me he felt like a bottle of Pepto Bismol, but he said he trusted my taste.  Now it's one of his favorites - he gets so many compliments on it, from coworkers and students alike.  The Missoni tie matches it perfectly, and even though he didn't act like it, I just knew he was just super pumped to wear it. ;)  If only you could see the excitement on his face.  Maybe next time. 

2 comments:

  1. It's a different look for you but I like it, it's very retro and I like the cardigan with it, it softens the pattern a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this look! You are gonna look super when it gets paired with leggings or tights, too! Yay!

    Oh, and belated Happy Birthday. Everyone in my life had a birthday recently! Wow. Parents get crazy in late December/early January, huh? LOL. I guess I should know seeing as CW was born in September, too. ;)

    Your fiance's tie is great...love the design, subtle, yet chic. I am so sure he will care to, just like my husband would if people complimented his outfit. Teehee.

    ReplyDelete