Tuesday, September 13, 2011

My Missoni for Target haul and reviews

I spent the better part of my downtime today trying to access the Missoni for Target website.  It was down ALL. DAY.  At least it had the cute Target dog with a message that told hopefuls that the site was jammed.  Finally, by 1:45ish, I managed to get in, and I scarfed up the first three things on my list.  I was afraid the site would go down again as I was ordering.  After school, I went to the store and tried on two of the items I bought, and I ended up sizing down in both.  The Missoni for Target line's sizing is pretty much the same as Target's clothing, so if you're still shopping (the site is still jammed as of 6:30 this evening), I recommend sizing down.  Here's what I ended up buying:

Black Suede Pumps: $39.99.  sz. 7.5  Full review to come
These are the only items I ordered that I didn't buy in the store.  My store had them in my size, though, so I tried them on.  Pretty comfy, and TTS, from what I could tell by wearing them for 30 seconds.

Floral Blouse: $34.99, size XS
Not sure if I'm going to keep this or not.  I do love the print, but I'm kind of underwhelmed with the blouse itself.  It's really loud, so I'm going to have to style it with a few things and see what I think of it paired with some neutrals.  It does match J.Crew's No.2 pencil skirt in jazzy purple, so maybe I'll try it with that.  The blouse is polyester, and I feel like that might be another strike against it.  The jury is still out.  I ordered it in a small and ended up trying on and buying the extra small at my local Target.  I recommend sizing down on this one.

Sleeveless Zigzag Sweaterdress: $54.99, size XS (no link for this one until I'm sure I link to the right dress, since Target's site is still down)
LOVE this dress!  It's a little shorter than I'm used to, but I think if I pair it with the zigzag tights (see below), it'll be appropriate for work.  It hits me about an inch and a half above my knees.  This is another piece that I ordered in a small and tried on in an extra small and decided it worked for me.  I love this dress so much that I bought it in the matching girls' size for my little seven-year-old cousin!  This dress is lined and has a ton of colors, so it'll be wearable from now until the end of winter!

Brown Zig Zag Tights: $16.99, sz. sm/md
I have no real review for these yet, other than the material seems pretty thick and sturdy.  I plan on wearing these with the above dress and pumps.  So excited to try them all on together!

Men's ZigZag Tie: $24.99 (no link for this one yet, either)
I couldn't leave the fiance out of the fun; I love when he wears snazzy ties.  Since he took me to Target after school and waited around while I ran around the store like toddler on Easter morning hunting for all of the Missoni stuff, I let him pick out a tie.  Okayyyy, I begged him to pick out a tie.  He thought $24.99 was a ridiculous price to pay.  Silly boy (I buy his shirts and ties for him, so he's pretty clueless.).  He decided on this pink and black zigzagged tie to match a few of his shirts that he already has.  I'm pretty excited to see it on him tomorrow!

What do you think of the line?  Did you try to shop it today?  Did you have any success? 

No comments:

Post a Comment