Monday, September 26, 2011

When I'm having a bad day at work...

...I'll come back to this post and read it over and over again.  I'm in charge of the television studio at my school.  In that studio, I have twelve awesome kids who are responsible for our morning announcements show.  Those kids never cease to amaze me with their creativity and dedication, but most of all with their thoughtfulness.  Here's a little taste of what I saw when I walked into my TV studio at the end of last week:

My chair, desk, and half of the studio, all decked out

The white board on our "set," right behind the anchors' chairs

My surprise birthday breakfast spread, all provided by the kiddos.  Bagels, donuts, brownies, cookies, and even a crumb cake.  These kids know how to throw a fête.

In the future, whenever I find myself down about the direction education has taken, I am going to find it pretty darn easy to remind myself why I do what I do; I just have to revisit this post and these pictures.  My students brought tears to my eyes!  There were even a few gifts involved.  They are really just too sweet for words! 

Another reason I love my kids?  They all appreciated my dress.  ;)  What else would an English teacher wear on her birthday but the J.Crew Library print dress from 2007?  I was lucky enough to find this dress on ebay a couple of years ago, and every time I wear it, I feel like a million bucks.

Dress: J.Crew Fall 2007
Cardigan: Merona for Target
Tank: J.Crew Perfect tank
Shoes: Dr. Scholl's

I'm not the only aficionada to don this frock, so I don't want to leave the other lovelies out.  The spectacular Alexis from J.Crew Aficionada features this dress here and here.  You can also see this dress on the lovely Dina from My Superfluities looking adorable here

Because the cut of this dress isn't really meant for women bigger than a B or so up top, I layer a perfect tank under it when I wear it.  It doesn't really look that great without the cardigan, but I'm always chilly, so a cardi is essential anyway.  Those shoes are my first experience with Dr. Scholl's, and I must say, when I first bought them, I was pleasantly surprised.  The color is a deep pewtery bronze (is there such a hue?), so they are a go-to neutral.  And my gawwwwd, are they ever comfy!  I believe they were only $34.99 full price, too.  I highly recommend Dr. Scholl's shoes if you're on your feet all day.

I'm off to go write up a quick lesson plan.  I'm getting observed by my principal this afternoon, so wish me luck!  If there is such a thing as a wonderful Monday, I hope you all have one!

1 comment:

  1. I love this dress and it looks fantastic on you! I too owned it and it was stolen out of my car! Not the ipod, not the laptop next to it, but the dress!!! If you ever want to sell it (you probably wont) please let me know. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

    katmcassidy@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete