Monday, September 12, 2011

OOTD 9/9/11: Simplicity

Blouse:  NY & Company
Jeans: Joe's Jeans, Anthropologie
Shoes: Cole Haan Nike Air Peeptoe Pumps
Belt: Loft
Necklace: Target



A closeup of the belt:


A better shot of the necklace:


I love how this necklace sits with this blouse.  I wore the two together in an August OOTD with shorts.  Sometimes, when I find a pairing that I like, I wear it over and over again.  Do any of you guys do that, too?

I wore this outfit for our first jeans day at school.  Most Fridays, we can pay $5 for a specified charity, and we get to wear jeans.  The jeans were a welcomed break, as I'm just getting used to dressing up every day again. 

I got so many compliments on this outfit, and I'm pretty surprised, because it's relatively simple.  At the end of the day, the French teacher, Valerie, came up to me in the hallway.  (Side note: I absolutely love this woman; she's a complete sweetheart.  She was born and raised in France, and her style reflects it.  Her outfits are always well put-together, but she keeps them simple.)  When she approached me, Valerie said, "I just love zees outfeet.  Zees eez a very Valerie outfeet!"  Let me tell you, I could not have been happier!  There is such a je ne sais quoi about the way French women style themselves.  There have been countless books on the subject, but none of them seem to exactly pinpoint what it is that French women do that we American women can't quite grasp.  The fact that I achieved it, even if it was for only one day and one outfit, made me feel awesome!  Just thought I'd share my little style victory with you all!  :)

What do you think it is about French women that keep them looking so fabulous?

3 comments:

  1. I think the key to French womens' style is simplicty, classic shapes, and confidence. We American women are swayed by trends much more easily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, so true, Kathryn! They are always so timeless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The French have attitude.

    ReplyDelete