Thursday, September 22, 2011

I'm a poser

...and I'm officially old.  Not only is today my 26th birthday, but it's also the one-week anniversary of the day that I realized I'm no longer cool.  Last week, I went to a Blink-182 concert.  I've been a fan of the band since I was in junior high, and this was the second concert of theirs I've attended.  Taking my cue from some of my punk-ier students, I decided I'd wear plaid, Chucks, and a cool knit hat.  The result was more Punky Brewster than Punk Rocker:
Button-down: J.Crew Perfect Shirt in candy plaid
Cardigan: J.Crew Camp Pocket Cardigan
Jeans: J.Crew Matchstick
Shoes: Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Low Top in pink
Hat: Target

I stuck out like a sore thumb.  Here I was, trying to be all cute:
Meanwhile, I was surrounded by teenagers who all looked relatively similar to this kid:



Fail.  Plus, it was about 35 degrees all night.  That, my friends, would be what the children refer to as an EPIC fail.  I ended up buying a Blink-182 sweatshirt, so that gave me a little bit of street cred with the rascals who surrounded me.  But hey, I knew every word of the songs Blink played from their debut album from 1994, and those spike-cuffed, mohawked teens just stared at me in adoration.  Booyah.

I'll leave you with a pretty picture of the pretty lights from the show:



6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! OMG, 26 is not old at all! Take it from someone who is teetering on the verge of FORTY! Ack! Age is totally just a number, and life gets better as you get older.... Not to mention all the confidence that cones put of left field like magic! Have a wonderful birthday, celebrate big! PS - I happen to think you looked great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are sooooo not old, and so much cuter than a mohawked teen. Rock on, Lady. Rock on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL too funny. But a good time was had by all, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah 26, how lovely, Happy Birthday, glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, guys!

    LR - it was a blast!

    ReplyDelete