Thursday, September 8, 2011

Missoni for Target: My Picks

Instead of sitting at home lamenting the fact that I'm not attending NYC's Fashion's Night Out tonight, I'm sitting at home blogging about it.  Well, sort of.  One of tonight's FNO events was a three-day temporary opening for the new Missoni for Target collection.  I've never been super-crazy over Missoni's woven zigzag patterns, but now that the designer is making an accessible line for us regular folk, I figured I'd give the long-adored designer a chance. 

The line is available beginning September 13th (this Tuesday!), but I took a gander at the lookbook to decide exactly what I want to snag, because word on the street is that this line will sell out fast.

Here are my faves:

I can't get enough of that scarf on the left.  Love the colors, love the pattern, just love it all.  I have a feeling it would go really well with J.Crew's liquid silk skirt in bright dahlia or tippi sweater in bold peri, vibrant flame, or even warm mustard.



These rainboots are only $34.99, and they are just adorable.  They would look darling with jeans and a trench.  I love that the colors are neutral enough that these can be worn with any number of colors.  They'd look adorable with a sweaterdress and tights, too!



How great are these stacked heels?  They look like they'd be comfortable, and I love that the Missoni zigzags are pretty subtle.  I am also a huge fan of the black and brown together.  The color combination makes this shoe extremely wearable.  If I get nothing else from the collection, I am going to try to make sure this shoe is in my shopping cart.



I love this outfit, but I would never be able to pull off wearing both pieces together.  I'm also not sure that I'd be able to pull off the shorts at all.  My hips are the widest part of my body, and a horizonal zigzag stripe doesn't exactly seem like it'd be flattering, but I'd try them on, nonetheless.  I think the sweater would be extremely wearable if it were paired with a pair of capri pants, cords, or a black pencil skirt, or trousers.


I adore the pattern of the dress on this little girl, and if I had a little one of my own, you best believe she'd be rocking this frock.  I can only hope that this is only the first of several lookbooks, and Target carries this pattern over to a dress in my size!



The fiance looks so good in blue AND purple, so I'm definitely going to be purchasing one of these ties for him.  The toughest part is going to be deciding which one he gets!





Okay, so this might not be a very practical item, but how sweet would it be to ride around the neighborhood on this?  It's almost like a work of art!  I actually might not mind exercising if I could do it while rolling over the hills on this bike in my matching rainboots.

Have you seen the Missoni for Target lookbook?  What do you think?  Are there any items you are planning to purchase?

1 comment:

  1. Must Run to Target and get ALL! Love it, so irresistible.

    ReplyDelete