Sunday, October 2, 2011

A Spirit Week Guilty Pleasure

During Spirit Week, there is one day that I celebrate with more zeal than most of the students.  I secretly can't wait for its arrival, and each year, I carefully plan my outfit days -sometimes weeks - beforehand.  That day, my friends, is 80s Day. 

Jacket: a.n.a. JCPenney
Tshirt: Something I bought in 7th grade
Skirt: l.e.i. from 10th grade
Black tights: Merona for Target
Red leggings: Claire's
Leg warmers: Claire's
Shoes: Converse Chuck Taylor All Stars

Believe it or not, I didn't have to go out and buy anything for this outfit.  I bought the jacket on super sale last year, and I've had the Rainbow Brite shirt and jeans skirt since I was a teenager.  I bought the red leggings as part of a Courtney Love Halloween costume several years ago, and the legwarmers were part of an outfit I wore to a Lady Gaga concert last year. 

I'm not sure if I'm proud or ashamed of the fact that I can pull off 80s Day with items I already own.


I didn't even have to do anything spectacular with my hair or go out and buy new makeup.  I literally just ran a brush through my locks (They're that big of a frizzball.), and I used a Sephora makeup palette.


The only negative aspect of 80s Day?


That hot pink lipstick showed up on everything that came within 3 feet of my lips. 

No comments:

Post a Comment