Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Channeling Cruella

My school is observing Red Ribbon Week this week for drug/alcohol prevention and awareness.  Our Red Ribbon Week is similar to spirit week because we have theme days in which staff and students are encouraged to dress a certain way.  Monday was "Wear Red" day. 

Would you believe I only own one article of red clothing?  Inevitably, when I wear it, someone makes a Cruella de Vil reference.  Every. Single. Time.  However, while looking for a picture for this post, I was hard-pressed to find anything that even remotely resembled the offending red cardigan.  This was the closest match I could find:

Now, here's my Cruella-esque OOTD:
I guess I can see how the polka dots give off the dalmatian vibe.

Cardigan:  BCBG, size sm.
Dress:  Vintage 1950s-era, size unknown
Tights:  Merona for Target
Shoes:  Nine West Riane (on sale for $62.30!), size 7.5

A quick word about the shoes - if you're looking for a comfy, high-heeled oxford, I can't recommend the Riane enough.  I've had this pair of shoes for less than two weeks, and I've already worn them five or six times.  They're a great basic for the fall/winter months.

Now, if you'll all excuse me, I'm off to don some long black gloves, smoke from a cigarette holder, and scare a hundred or so puppies. 

1 comment: