Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Move over, Rachel Zoe

That's right.  Another Bravo show *may* have just replaced "Rachel Zoe" as my favorite television guilty pleasure.  While I will always remain faithful to camp Zoe (especially with the additions of adorable little Skyler and adorable big Jeremiah), her lifestyle is so unattainable that I can only froth at the mouth with envy.  However, when Bravo began advertising their new show during Rachel Zoe's show, I actually stopped fast-forwarding the DVR to watch the previews.  This new show looked like it would be right up my alley.

Now, when I watch Bravo's new show, "Fashion Hunters," I dream that someday I could actually work in the fashion industry, even if it's just at high-end consignment store Second Time Around, which is featured on the show. 

The cast of "Fashion Hunters"

The show documents the experiences of three women and one man working in one of New York City's branches of the high-end chain consignment store.  The women come from various backgrounds (one's the manager, one just works because she wants out of the house, and one tells the viewers that she "lives on peanuts" to save up for a pair of Manolos in the first episode.), but the all share an obvious passion for designer duds. 

The season is three episodes in, and I am hooked.  I love watching the cast debate with consignors over a garment's worth.  I've also always been a big fan of vintage designer clothing, so "Fashion Hunters" gives me the rush of vintage shopping without leaving my couch or spending my cash.  My only complaint about this show is that I wish it lasted an hour instead of just thirty minutes.  Maybe next season.

"Fashion Hunters" airs tonight on Bravo at 10:30. 

Have you watched "Fashion Hunters"?  What do you think? 

2 comments:

  1. No waist and no hips - they're practically the same, I got a girl's top body and a boy's bottom!

    No Fashion Hunters or Rachel Zoe over here - I know, how can I live like this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that skirt definitely gave you a girl's bottom...it looks like it was made for you! And you most definitely have a rough life with no Bravo TV! Although I'm jealous of UK residents...your comedies are the among the best in the world, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete