Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A Garden Wedding

Soon-to-be Mr. AllDressedUp and I went to a beautiful garden wedding this past weekend at Phipps Conservatory in Pittsburgh.  It was such a gorgeous setting that I thought I'd share a couple of pictures.  And maybe brag about share a great deal I got on a dress to wear to the wedding.  ;) 

One of the corridors within the conservatory


The Broderie Room, where the wedding took place.  A gorgeous setting, yes?

The above picture is the view exactly as wedding guests saw it.  There was an intimate group of about 30 of us.  The bride and groom stood at the center of the room.  The groom, who is a childhood friend of the fiance, was absolutely glowing as he waited for his bride to come down the aisle.


A glass sculpture by Dale Chihuly, an artist who has had his work featured at Phipps


The fiance and I after the nuptials

Here's the outfit:
Sunglasses: Marc Jacobs
Dress: Simply Vera by Vera Wang
Bangle: J.Lo (remember when she had a jewelry line?)
Shoes: Shoedazzle

Okay, now for a brief tangent.  I have to tell you guys about that dress.  The fiance and I took a trip into Kohl's to look for some shoes for him to wear to school (he's a teacher, too).  I did a quick sweep through the misses department, and a pretty pattern on the sale rack caught my attention.  I started digging, and I found this dress.  In my size.  For $5.  BOOYAH.  I was so excited!  I plan on wearing it again for my friend's rehearsal dinner in a couple of weeks.  I was also excited to get home and find that I have three cardigans that match it perfectly (one J.Crew Jackie in a light coral, one from Loft in a dark coral, and one from Target in a navy).  There were plenty sizes of this dress left on the sale rack, and I'm really not sure why.  I almost felt wrong buying it for $5, when I think the original price was somewhere around $65-$70.  I wondered what could possibly be wrong with the dress that there were so many left at such a great price.  I wore it for 8 or 9 hours, and I couldn't find anything wrong with it at all.  /endtangent.

After the ceremony, we went to a reception at a restaurant across town.  We had a yummy dinner followed by even yummier cheesecake.  It was really heartwarming to see friends we hadn't seen for a while, catch up with the groom, and meet his adorable bride.  If my parents and fiance would have let me, I'd have loved to have a small, intimate garden wedding just like this one! 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for leaving me the loveliest comment ever.
    I wasn't even all that good at English at school, so it made my day.

    Oh and as I said before I am so envious of your figure, all of my clothes are so tight at the waist in order to fit my non existent hips - lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right, it's a fabulous setting for a wedding. And dress looks lovely on you, such a steal at the price you have paid. Proves my point once more, the best things in life do not have to be outrageously expensive.:))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, @Tabitha, I'm glad! You truly are an exceptional writer! And maybe we can do a swap...I'd love to give you an inch or two from my hips!

    @Slastena, thank you! And I agree! I feel like I win the lottery when I find things like that! haha

    ReplyDelete