Thursday, August 25, 2011

OOTD August 5 and some wedding chatter

Top: Loft Basic Tee
Pants: J.Crew Collection Cafe Capri
Necklace: J.Crew
Belt: J.Crew Outlet
Shoes: Cole Haan Air Lyric Ballet Flat

After I got my coveted pink pants, I couldn't wait for just the right opportunity to wear them.  After all, no matter how fabulous a girl may feel on any given day, she should be aware that not every occasion is suited for shiny pink pants.  So, when my fiance and I took his parents to tour our wedding venue, I knew this would be the perfect time to test out the pants.  I just wasn't sure how to wear them for a relatively casual, hot day.  Then, I remembered a post by the lovely DaniBP aptly titled Pink Pants, and I was inspired.  She wears her gorgeous blush pink capris with a black cashmere tee, and the result is a look that is classic and can be worn anytime.  When I wear this outfit to school (shudder) in the coming weeks, I'll probably wear my Cole Haan Air peep toes, but for this day, I knew we'd be doing quite a bit of walking in the city, and my poor tootsies were still recovering from ultimate frisbee on the beach.

So, I can't just mention my our (Sorry, love!) wedding venue without telling you guys about it.  The day we first chose our venue, we had planned to tour two places.  We went to the first place, which was actually my first choice before the tours, and we were a bit disenchanted by it.  It was a beautiful venue, but it didn't come furnished with anything.  Tables, chairs, linens, wait staff, catering, etc. had to be brought in by separate vendors.  For our rather large guest list, it didn't seem like that was going to be the way we wanted to go. 

I was bummed, and we trudged off to our second appointment of the day discussing our options.  Then, we met Heather at Pittsburgh's Grand Hall at the Priory, and our spirits lifted.  We toured the hotel attached to the grand ballroom (which once was a Catholic church that was remodeled into a beautiful banquet hall), and when Heather opened the doors into the grand ballroom, this is what we saw:
BTW, this photo is taken by the absoutely amazing Leeann Marie at Leeann Marie Photography, who also happens to be our wedding photographer. ;)

So, my fiance, my mom, my dad, Heather, and I walked into the Grand Hall, and I got tears in my eyes.  I turned to my fiance and said, "This is where we're going to get married."  It was a done deal.  The venue has a gorgeous courtyard where guests can hang out during cocktail hour,  and it also has a beautiful and newly redone garden that will be awesome for pictures.

A wedding in the courtyard, also from Leeann Marie Photography

A shot of our venue from the garden, from our venue's blog

Over the next ten months or so, you guys might just have to humor me.  I'll probably blog about wedding-related things every once in a while.  Can you tell I'm just a little excited?  :)

2 comments:

  1. The pants are great. Your venue looks beautiful! Like the man & the dress...you know when it's The One :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gigi - Thank you, and welcome back! We've missed you!

    ReplyDelete