Tuesday, November 8, 2011

OOTD Nov. 6th: Testing it out

Do you ever build an outfit in your head for a long period of time before you try it out?  I often find myself thinking about how to style certain pieces in my wardrobe.  For example, for awhile now, I knew I wanted to wear an elbow-patch sweater from H and M with a vintage scarf, but I wasn't sure how to style the two pieces.  I knew I could just throw on a pair of jeans, but that seemed like a cop-out.  Eventually, I came up with an idea, but I wasn't sure how it would look on.  Sometimes, I have great ideas for pieces, but they don't translate well on a body.  This past Sunday, I went on a little shopping excursion with my mom, then the fiance and I had dinner with my family, so it was a perfect opportunity to test out my outfit:

Cardigan: HandM, sz. small; remixed here
Brown Cami: Nordstrom (I can't remember the brand), sz. small
Scarf: Vintage
Skirt: Puddle Pleasures Skirt, Modcloth, sz. small, remixed here
Tights: Merona for Target, sz. sm/md, remixed here
Boots: Etienne Aigner, sz. 8
Earrings: Truly Vintage (a brand that takes vintage beads and makes them into jewelry)
Ring: Vintage (it was my grandmother's)

I was also pretty excited about this outfit because it remixed several pieces much differently than I normally wear them. 

It was also a great cat-walking outfit.  Yep, I said cat-walking.  I bought a leash and decided to start training one of my kitties, Sassy, to walk on it with me.  She loves being outdoors, so I figured, why not? 


The fiance is horrified that I'll turn into that weird lady down the street who walks her cat every day.  No chance of that happening...at least not yet.  :)

3 comments:

  1. Nice photos and really nice outfit, you look great, I love your skirt, what a great color and that cardigan is so nice, the perfect touch to the outfit; also your boots rock and you are really beautiful! Your blog is awesome by the way and I am a new follower! Hope you will like my blog and follow back!

    Pop Culture&Fashion Magic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ana!

    Sara, thank you! I'm so glad you commented, because I checked out your blog and LOVE it! I'm a new follower of yours, for sure :)

    ReplyDelete