Sunday, November 6, 2011

Elton and the elders...a real hoot

Last night, the fiance and I went with my parents and aunt and uncle to...get ready for this...an Elton John/Jerry Lee Lewis cover concert and dinner at a senior center.  Yep.  Big date night.  My uncle knows the chef  who prepared the dinner pretty well, and he felt like he needed to make an appearance, so we were coerced into going tagged along.  When we got there, my fiance and I were the youngest people in the room by at least 30 years.  "Elton" took the stage, and we were the only two singing and dancing.  In fact, most of the others there looked like they were falling asleep.  Oh well.  We laughed quite a bit, and we gained an extra hour of our lives back thanks to Daylight Savings Time, so it wasn't a complete loss. 

Just to amuse myself and make the impending pain easier to handle, I dressed thematically.  I feel like Elton would be proud of my 70s-esque outfit:

Cardigan: H&M, sz. small
Blouse: Lemon Liftoff Blouse, Girls from Savoy from Anthropologie, sz. 4
Wide-leg High-waisted Cords: High IQ Corduroys, Cartonnier from Anthropologie, sz. 4
Shoes: Lake & Land Heels, Miss Albright from Anthropologie, sz. 7.5
Earrings: Target
Belt: Merona for Target, sz. small

I bought the blouse, cords, and shoes a few weeks ago when they all appeared in an Anthro sale update, and I couldn't be happier with all three items.  The cords are super-comfy, but I had to get them hemmed about four inches, and they're still too short!  Maybe someday I'll grow ;)

The blouse and heels are still available on Anthro's website, and I'm not sure how because they're both such great items.  I know the blouse has gotten lots of blogger love, and it appeared on Emma Pillsbury on Glee a few weeks ago.  The little owls all over it added to the theme of the night, because we all had a real "hoot" making fun of "Elton's" fake British accent (ha ha ha).  So that you can share in the fun, here's a poor-quality photo:

The rest of the night was just as blurry in real life.

Hope you all have a great start to your week!  I'll be off trying to get "Benny and the Jets" out of my head. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, that is too funny! Sounds like a blast! Love your themed outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Elton John, I'll take his music any way!
    Oh you've made me want something yellow, it's another cooer I'm not very sure of but I like it 'tamed' with navy here.

    ReplyDelete