Thursday, November 3, 2011

J.Crew Review: Suzette Blouse in nightfall floral

When J.Crew ran their 25% off promo a couple of weeks ago, I decided to order a basic black merino turtle neck and the Suzette blouse in nightfall floral.  Not only was I enamored with the gorgeous nightfall floral print, but I've also recently become obsessed with neck-tie blouses.  Because I hadn't seen this blouse in the store and I couldn't quite make out the color or the print in stock photos, I was a little apprehensive.  However, as soon as the blouse arrived in the mail, I tore it open, put it on, and demanded that the fiance take pictures immediately so I could write a review for you guys since I feel so strongly about it and haven't seen any reviews of it from the JCAs.  Guys, I love it!  I can't recommend this blouse highly enough.

Price:  $138 originally, $103.50 with 25% off
Size:  2 (TTS)
Material:  Crinkled chiffon with a silk layering cami, extremely light and airy, perfect for layering
Colors:  Listed as "eggplant," nightfall floral print, but this blouse could be worn with black, navy, purple, green, peri, flame, you name it, it's probably in there somewhere (see the up-close photos below)

I sprung for the nightfall floral version of this blouse (an extra 10 bucks) for two reasons: 1. the print looked alluring, and it is, and 2. because the blouse is sheer, I wanted something to camouflage my bra straps if necessary.  With a nude bra, the straps aren't noticeable at all.  If the print isn't your style, the blouse is also available in newport navy, ripe melon, and dusty shale.  The ripe melon color looks beautiful.

Here's a close-up of the print and the sheer sleeve:

The detachable layering cami is a navy color:

A close-up of the neck-tie, buttons, and print:
J.Crew said this print is "adapted from an oil painting" they "nabbed at an estate sale."  It's pretty easy to see where they got their inspiration for their recent color palettes, yes?

Don't mind the tag.  I was THAT excited to get a review up for you guys!

I could easily see this blouse paired with the vibrant flame hacking jacket or the viridian green pencil skirt.  I plan on wearing it with a pair of navy Pilcro high-waisted cords as soon as they're back from the tailor (Polyvore set below).  Being a munchkin has its drawbacks.  :) 

The neck-tie could be tied up close to the neck or down further, as it is in the stock photos on J.Crew's website. 

Have you tried on the Suzette blouse in nightfall floral?  What did you think?

Secretary of the Seventies





4 comments:

  1. It's a very pretty blouse, I agree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this blouse, thanks for the review! I am so glad that I found your wonderful blog! I teach English too! I'm adding your blog to my blog list!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Rose!

    And Rynetta, I'm always glad to find new teacher blog friends!

    Thanks for stopping by. :) I added both of you to my reading list. Looking forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhh yea--I think NIGHTFALL FLORAL is definately one of THE BEST of all the gorgeous prints J. Crew has offered us--it's just decadent!!!!

    ReplyDelete