Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A Bauble and a Bow - OOTD: November 14th

This past weekend, I went shopping with my mom and my cousin, both of whom I look up to immensely.  We had a great time catching up, getting some Christmas shopping done, and looking for deals.  One of the deals that I found was a dress from Macy's.  It was originally $58, and I snagged it for $15.  Woohoo! 

I had reservations about the dress itself because the fit was just a bit odd, and I hated the belt that came with it.  However, once I got home, I replaced the belt with a vintage belt that's attached to a dress I have from the late '50s/early '60s, and I layered a shirt under it to smooth out the fit.  I added a long pendant necklace to draw the eye away from the weird shoulders of the dress and down to the fun belt, and I was good to go!

This is my pre-7:15 A.M. Monday smile.
Dress:  NY Collection, sz. small
Long-sleeved Shirt:  NY and Co., sz. small
Tights:  Merona for Target, sz. small/medium
Shoes:  Nine West Riane, sz. 7.5
Amethyst Necklace:  My grandmother's
Belt:  Vintage, late '50s or early '60s

A picture of the details:

Have you ever revamped something you bought on super-sale to make it work? 



5 comments:

  1. No I hardly ever shop the sales, I actually hate shopping, if I have to do it I'm in and out in no more then 30 minutes, I've always loathed trawling round store after store - online shopping is my dream come true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Actually a dress from Macy's as well! I bought a simple Tahari black sheath last year for $26 (originally $100) but even the small size was too big on me. I had it altered to fit me and what I paid for the dress & alterations still cost less than what the original price was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love finding awesome deals like that!! I love the purple and the belt really gives a vintage fell!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is adorable- I love the color and texture, and that belt you paired it with is the perfect finishing touch :)
    www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys! It's awesome to find a sale piece that actually works really well and fits into your wardrobe, huh?
    @LR - tailors are such an easy, underused fix. Kudos on the dress!

    ReplyDelete