Wednesday, November 2, 2011

OOTD: Vintage Oranges and Browns

Because yesterday was the first day of November, I decided to dress the part in shades of autumnal oranges and browns:
Cardigan:  Merona for Target, sz. small
Dress:  Vintage late '60s/early '70s era
Necklace:  Vintage '70s marble beads
Bracelet:  Wooden '70s beads, compliments of MamaAllDressedUp's high school years :)  
Shoes:  Cole Haan Nike Air Lyric Bronze heel, sz. 7.5

I found this dress last spring in a vintage store in Pittsburgh called Eons, and I get compliments on it every time I wear it.  It looks like it could have come off right off the rack of Anthropologie or Modcloth.  The dress is sleeveless and cotton, and it has a pretty, yet appropriate, V-shaped back.  The construction of the dress is timeless; it's one piece, with a top that blouses out over the pencil-like skirt.  It came with a sash that can be tied on the front, back, side, or anyone else you please. 

I know I sing the praises of vintage clothing quite often, but it's a song I don't get tired of singing.  If I had the resources (namely, vintage clothing stores that aren't 45+ minutes away), I would source an entire wardrobe from vintage clothing.  Clothes just aren't made as well today, and it seems like clothes in the 40s-70s were made to fit women with curves.  Sigh.  /endrant.  :)

Well, I'm off to read this year's Pennsylvania High School Mock Trial Case.   I help the fiance advise our high school's team, and this year, the case is about saving endangered bog turtles from a pharmaceutical company's plant.  I wish I were kidding.  I will leave you with a picture of my inspiration for the trial:

Isn't he cute? 

1 comment:

  1. Oooh I don't think I could hold that creature, I can feel his legs wriggling already. I love the autumnal foliage of your dress.

    ReplyDelete