Monday, May 24, 2010

Short and Sweet: About the Blogger

I'm a twenty-something high school English teacher who loves fashion. Because I'm a teacher in a relatively rural area, I really have very few opportunities to strut my fashionista stuff. As I made the decision to start this blog, I began to think about my grandmother who passed away when I was seventeen. She looked just like Audrey Hepburn, and dressed like her too - even though she lived in a small town with a population of just over 100 people. My grandmother believed wholeheartedly in being fabulous every day. She never saved anything "for good," as many women of her generation did. She served every meal on her best china and cooked in gold high heels. I've decided to live like her. Even if I am all dressed up with no place to go - other than the dinky corner cafe or the high school where I teach - I plan to go anyway and look fabulous while I'm there.

4 comments:

  1. Amen to your philosophy--though it took a midlife crisis and a move to a rural area for me to learn it. My inspiration is a woman from London who has lived here for 36 years and never given up her very stylish, elegant manner of dress. She's 79 years old and still teaches a very popular muscle-toning class to women and men half her age. Anyway, you go, girl. Good luck with your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sandy! God bless that woman from London! I wish my little town had someone like that haha. Sometimes it's hard to live the way you want to live when you're surrounded by people that judge you for it, but I'm learning to say to heck with them, and I'm much happier for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here, I'm considered sort of a "citified intellectual," which is OK with me. ;) Be classy, both inside and out, be kind, treat everyone well, be interested in other people, and the only bad feeling you'll attract is petty jealousy. (Oh, and make frequent trips to large cities, foreign countries, if you can...!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you wholeheartedly! I like the term "citified intellectual." When I started this blog, I was kind of torn because I completely believe that at the end of the day, it comes down to what's on the inside, not the outside. But it never hurts to make the outside look good, too!

    ReplyDelete