Thursday, May 27, 2010

All dressed up with someplace to go! Packing dilemmas...

Good morning, everyone! This weekend, the BF and I are heading to DC. Of course, I'm 97% sure I broke two toes last night, and this morning I woke up with a head cold, but we're going come hell or high water. I got us a pretty decent deal through RueLala to stay for a night at the Fairfax on Embassy Row. It's supposed to be part of Starwood's Luxury Collection, but after reading reviews, it sounds like it doesn't really deserve the rating. Oh well. I'm not too fussy, so it should be a good time no matter how "luxurious" it is.

Anyway, on to the clothes. I've been trying to figure out what to wear in the car (I'm thinking J.Crew's Jessie Dress in either muted grape or slate), and then what to pack for the weekend. We'll only be there Saturday and Sunday, but I have no idea what we're doing (I know a bunch of the JCAs are in DC...anyone have any recommendations?). I've been polyvoring my little heart out this morning, and I've come up with a bunch of outfits that are a combination of my last J.Crew shopping spree and some older NY and Co. items. I'm not great at the polyvore thing yet, so bear with me.

Weekend outfit option 1 - day

Vacation Outfit 1Fashion Trends & Styles - Polyvore


Weekend outfit option 2 – day



Welcome to Polyvore!Fashion Trends & Styles - Polyvore



Weekend outfit 3 – night


Vacation Outfit 3Fashion Trends & Styles - Polyvore

Items in this set:
Knotted starfish dress - J.Crew, $130
MADISON, 29 GBP

Weekend outfit option 4 – night



Vacation Outfit 5Fashion Trends & Styles - Polyvore




Weekend outfit option 5 – night


Vacation outfit 6Fashion Trends & Styles - Polyvore



Weekend outfit option 6 – day or night

Vacation Outfit 7Fashion Trends & Styles - Polyvore





(Note: I couldn't find my NY and Co. wedges from yesterday's post on polyvore, so I just substituted similar wedges.)
I can't figure out what to take! HELP! Also, how would you accessorize the starfish dress? Any and all critiques, opinions, comments, etc. would be welcome.

4 comments:

  1. Hi!! I love how you paired the shorts with all of those cardigans. That's a great night-look because often it's chilly, but yet you don't want to be in pants. I love all the outfits. I am thinking I need the softspun cardigan. I like that look. Do you like the skinnys and shorts from NY & Co? I haven't been there in awhile, maybe I need to take a second look...

    ReplyDelete
  2. As far as accessories for the starfish dress, less is more, I think. A cute pair of shoes, earrings and a bag is sufficient. Coco always said take off the last accessory that you put on...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving NY&Co's stuff lately for trendy stuff that's less expensive. They have great jeans. I agree on the starfish dress. That's why I <3 Coco!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing excellent information. Your website is very cool. Fully useful your blog post... Women's Online Shopping New Arrivals

    ReplyDelete