Thursday, December 15, 2011

A Vintage Red

This OOTD revolves around a dress that was one of my first vintage buys verrry early on in high school (9th or 10th grade, I think).  It's a red boucle unlined belted shift from the late 50s-early 60s, and it's one of my favorite pieces of clothing ever.


Dress: Vintage, no label (I think it may have been homemade)
Long-sleeved t-shirt: Coldwater Creek, sz. small
Tights: Merona, sz. small/medium
Shoes: Nine West Riane, sz. 7.5
Necklace: Vintage

This is one of those outfits that really can be made or broken with makeup, so broke out of my routine and went for a '50s-inspired demure pinup look (I know that's an oxymoron, but I AM a teacher, so I gotta tone it down a bit).  I did a black cat-eye liner with a bold red lip and kept the rest of my face pretty plain.  I'd like to think it worked, but since my only audience was a bunch of 14-16 year-olds, I'm not sure that they got the allusion.  Heck, I'm not sure they could even tell me what an allusion is, even though it was a vocabulary word for about a month.  Sigh.

Do you use makeup to complement your "look," or do you have a set makeup routine?


3 comments:

  1. I enjoy your blog so much, I wish you'd post more often! to encourage you, I've given you the Liebster Blog award. Check my blog for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely dress and shade suits you perfectly. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look gorgeous! Have a very Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete