Friday, June 4, 2010

Friday Shenanigans, pretty pictures, and today's outfit

So, after much consideration and some nudging from my wannabe administrator BF, I decided I should probably change my blog post for the day. There were some Friday shenanigans at school today, but in the interest of my job, I think I'll just leave it at that. However, I have a fun school story to share: My classroom doesn't have any windows, so I had two of my students paint me one! The quote coming out of the dragon's mouth says, "Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are."

LOVE IT! The girls have been working on it all year, and they finished it yesterday. I'm so happy with how it turned out!
Now, on to the fashion. I couldn't decide what to wear today. It's jean day at school. Those two statements are directly related. As much as I love a jean day on a Friday, it always gives me seemingly limitless outfit options. It's kind of sad, really. My mind begins reeling as soon as I find out we have a jean day. I look up the weather, lay out outfits, and try to decide what kind of look I'm going for. Does this happen on a regular school day? Nope. Do I get this overwhelmed in everyday life when I wear jeans? Heck no. There's just something about jean day at school that makes me hyperventilate. With that being said, I had the BF weigh in on outfit options this morning.
Option #1:

J.Crew Fiore Cotton Cardigan

J.Crew Outlet cotton henley in an unknown, but pretty, bright coral color




I've been wearing the Fiore cardigan so much lately. I've really been wearing coral as much as possible (because I love it and the color complements my pasty pre-summer complexion), and the Fiore looks so good with coral. Because it's been practically glued to my shoulders, the BF told me to go with option #2:

J.Crew Outlet cotton striped vest in an off-white and bright coral

J.Crew Outlet cotton henley in an unknown, but pretty, bright coral color

J.Crew Perfect fit tank in pale buff

New York and Co. Crop Boyfriend Jeans, Hawthorn Wash

New York and Co. Peep Toe Wedges in Charming Pearl

This vest was also available in a bunch of solid colors (white, navy, coral), as well as a very pretty white and navy stripe. If you can, I highly recommend that you get to a crewlet this weekend. They have a lot of versatile summer pieces that are great for just lounging around in. The quality isn't the best, but we all know that. I think if you go into the store with that in mind, you won't be disappointed.

I hope your Friday has been a bit calmer than mine! Have a wonderful weekend!

10 comments:

  1. omg, what a crazy morning! Today was our last day with students and it was a half day. Thankfully, not a lot of students showed up. Why would they? It was pointless to be there since exams were already over. I used the few who did show up as free labor since I am moving classrooms this year!

    LOVE LOVE LOVE your "window"! At my previous school, my classroom had a mural painted on it...I really liked how it brightened up the room. Your students did a great job.

    And...love the outfit. I actually tried on that exact vest when I visited the outlet last weekend. They didn't have my correct size though, but it sure was cute.

    Okay that's all. Sorry for the rambling :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how you teachers handle those kids - they would drive me up the wall! I guess I don't have the patience for others I should, huh.

    I love your color combo today - coral/peachy is one of my fave colors too, it's bright and girly and goes great with denim blue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AppGal - our last day is Monday, and it's a half day. I know half of my kids won't be there. As for the other half, I plan on using mine as free labor as well!
    I've been looking for a fun flowy vest for a few months, and I'm glad I finally found one that doesn't completely overpower me!

    Lisa - Sometimes I don't think I have the patience. Thank goodness the year is almost over...it's definitely been a long one with some of those kiddos! And thanks! I love those colors, too. I should probably differentiate my wardrobe palette a bit, but hey, if it works, why mess with it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Just checking in to see if you are having a good summer! :) Hope to see your posts back soon...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, what Dina said! Hope all is well. Does school start soon for you, too?

    ReplyDelete
  6. the window that the kids painted is incredible! love the fiore cardigan, you've just reminded me to dig mine out before it's too late!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love, love, love that J.Crew cardigan...hate, hate, hate that I missed out on it!
    Kristina J.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look fantastic in these vests - I love vests and don't see them very often...you look great :) Lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whew! Thanks, ladies! And thank you for checking up on me last summer! Dinagideon and AppGal, I've been creeping on your blogs for the last few months, and you two are a couple of reasons why I came back to blogging! I've really enjoyed reading and I missed this community :)

    ReplyDelete