Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Today's Outfit: Highish and Lowish?

Happy Wednesday, everyone!
So last week I did a blog post about mixing higher end items (not haute couture, or anything...I'm only a teacher, remember!) with less expensive items. This outfit kind of qualifies, I suppose. Here's what I'm wearing:(Please disregard the face I'm making. It was 7:30AM, and it had already been a long morning.) The dress is from my last excursion to the J.Crew factory store. It fits beautifully and was originally $89, but I got it for about $68 after a few discounts. The cardigan is a Ralph Lauren from five or six years ago. The necklace is a cheapie from someplace like Claire's, I think, and the sandals are J.Crew's leather capri sandals in light gold (on sale for $39.50 right now!) I really am in love with this dress for the price. The color is a bit blah, but the fit is superflattering, and my favorite part is the detailing on the back:

I'm a sucker for buttons down the back of, well, almost anything. I think they're so elegant.

Anyway, whether or not this qualifies as a high and low outfit is debatable. Alexis has some great pictures on her blog today from the J.Crew factory store on this post. Most of what I see in the pictures is what I saw at my outlet, but it seems that there are a few more original J.Crew items in those pictures than what my outlet had. My outlet seemed to be strictly double-diamond (items made for the outlet only). Like I said yesterday, I plan on doing a complete inventory of IRL pics and prices for the things I bought at the crewlet sometime this week.

Have a great day!

7 comments:

  1. Hi, Love the seahorse necklace in your last post. So pretty. I got my Fiore cardigan. It is so pretty and liked it a lot but am sending it back today. I tried it on with one of my JCrew silk camisoles and the rough edgues of the tulle? rounds SNAGGED the heck out of it. I was saying to my husband:"Get it off of me!!" Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh no!! I'm sorry you had a bad experience with it! :( Definitely not worth the destruction of your wardrobe. I'll try to remember never to wear it with silk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does your bf (aka photographer) also work at your school? How lucky you are! :) Love the outfit. I saw this dress at the outlet this past weekend. Didn't try it on, but now I'm wishing I did! It makes your waist look TINY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha he does. He teaches history at the other end of the school, and he always takes pics for me in the morning before the day starts. Thanks! It really is extremely flattering. Go back and try it on! It's fun to wear! What else did you see? Get anything good?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pink and Gray are nice color combination--luve the dress and also have an affinity for buttons down the back! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been exploring for a little bit for any high-quality articles or blog posts on this sort of space . Exploring in Yahoo I eventually stumbled upon this site. Studying this information So i am happy to express that I'vе a verу excellеnt
    uncanny feeling I cаme upon exactly what I needed.
    I so much definitely will make certаin to do not omit this wеb site and provideѕ it a glance regularly.


    Have a look at my homеρagе: iconcompanions.com

    ReplyDelete